Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday laughs....

I promise I'm not becoming a super religious blogger who is trying to convince you to believe what we may believe, but I have to share our Mass visit... Since its Ash Wednesday we headed to noon Mass. I take Burke every year, but I guess he doesn't remember much.  Lunch time isn't really the best time to take your 4 year old to Mass (Campbell hung out with Ash and Em b/c there was no chance I could handle both of them at lunch time and alone), but it was better than the bedtime option. 

After receiving our ashes, Burke very loudly said "umm.. why did that guy just put dirt on my head?!?" followed up with "yeah, so tomorrow when we come back to church, I don't need any dirt.. I already had a bath."  I couldn't help but laugh.  It's hard to explain to your 4 year old what Ash Wednesday means.. :)

He did also have the realization today that Jesus died.  Out of nowhere during mass he (again very loudly) says "Jesus DIED?  WHAT? He's in my heart. He didn't die."

Oh how I love that little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment