Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend Getaway and Visit with Grandma and Grandpa..

Brian and I have been on exactly 2 dates since Burke was born.  It is hard to find time in our busy lives to go out... not to mention we love being together as a family, so the few nights we have we try to spend together.. Everyone says you should have date nights regularly.. once a week, twice a month, etc.. Well we've just never figured it out.. So we were in desperate need of a getaway and finally decided we were going to do it! My parents offered to keep Burke for the weekend, so I said YES!  Williamsburg is a 30-45 minute drive from my parents, so we thought it would be a PERFECT place to go.  We had never been together either, so it was a great place to go together.

We headed to Richmond on Friday afternoon.  It took FOREVER to get there as a wonderful wreck on 81 held us up :) but we rolled in in time to head to the high school football game with mom.  She still helps with marching band, so Burke and I decided to go with her.  It was a little chilly, but we still had fun and Hanover won! I was a little worried about how Burke would do without us.  He is so clingy sometimes, but he LOVED my mom and chose her over me tons!



On Saturday morning, Brian and I headed out.  Burke was sitting in his highchair having a snack when we left. I went to tell him goodbye and he waved goodbye to everyone else and jumped up to me.. Poor guy thought he was heading out too :)





 When we got to Williamsburg, we headed straight for the movie theater.  We were psyched to go see a movie and we found a theater that serves food AND beer!  You just order your food and they bring it to you in the theater.  The beer was cheaper than the soda, so we couldn't resist.. BUT I did say.. "I can't believe we are drinking beer at 11am" We saw Paranormal Activity 2.  I didn't love it.. But I didn't see the first one, so maybe that's why?  The yummy food:  


I had a panini and Brian had a burger.. SO GOOD!

After the movie, we went to the outlets to spend some money.. I was really disappointed.  We only bought Burke some overalls and jeans from The Children's Place outlet.. I think when you are a really big bargain shopper outlets just don't do it for you.  They are so deceiving.  People think they are getting good deals, but really they aren't..  I was amazed at the number of bags people had.. and wanted to SHOUT.. BAD DEAL! :)

After not spending much money, we headed to the hotel to check in.  We stayed at the Embassy Suites.  It was really nice and I'm glad we picked it.  We tried to go out to the Winery but the tours were sold out, so we bought some wine and headed back to the hotel.  After the manager's reception (free drinks and food?? we were there!), we headed to dinner (what? we like to eat!).. We wanted to try a new place, but didn't have time, so we headed to Pierce's BBQ.  I LOVE it!  It was Brian's first time.. He liked it too.  After dinner, we went to Colonial Williamsburg for a ghost tour.  It wasn't exactly what we expected, but we both really liked it!




After the tour, we headed back to the hotel for some relaxation.  We watched some football and ate more food :)  Then hit the sack.  It was "fall back" and I was so excited for the extra hour of sleep!

Sunday morning we headed back to see Burke.  We were super excited to see him.. He didn't care about us!  I think he had a blast with Grams and Grandpa, because when we got home, they were outside playing and he didn't even seem to care that we were back. Eventually he remembered who I was and was clingy again.  Brian spent Sunday hanging out with Tim and we hung with mom and dad.

We stayed around town Sunday and headed back first thing Monday morning.  We had a GREAT TRIP!!  Thanks Mom and Dad! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment