Saturday, July 24, 2010

We are officially plug free!!

Brian decided to go out of town last weekend (July 16) for a "guys" trip.  He headed to Richmond for video games and drinking to celebrate his 30th birthday!  so I decided it was the weekend to pull the plug (pacifier).  I have always had this fear, my child would be 6 and still have the plug, so I decided we needed to get rid of it by the 1st birthday.. Well that didn't happen.. I work WAY too much to control ANYTHING!  He was mainly using it at bed time and in the car, but I started noticing that they gave it to him at daycare when he was playing and that was driving me crazy.. so between the fact that Brian was out of town (I could control it completely), daycare wasn't exactly listening and he was past 1.. IT WAS TIME!!

It was entirely TOO easy.. Friday night he fussed for a bit while I strolled him around the pool to sleep (Member Guest weekend, so we basically lived at the pool).. (side note: Coach Beamer was walking around the pool with Sutton (his granddaughter) too and I was totally worried I was bothering them.. but he was super sweet, talking about the sleepy baby and Sutton wanted to see him,etc... GREAT MAN and football coach!).. he probably took 15 minutes to fall asleep.. He woke up about an hour later and was NOT happy.. It was a pathetic cry.. but Ashley held her ground (thank you!) and wouldn't give it to him.. That night he fell asleep in his crib, plug free no problem!! 

I knew the true test would be nap time.. If I could get him through naps we would be money.. During his AM nap he fussed maybe 20 minutes? Don't worry, I was starting to doubt myself.. Afternoon nap NOTHING!!!!!!! GREAT GREAT kid! And that's when I knew we were done.. Daycare probably hates me and occasionally he is fussy and I think.. ugg the plug.. but he's done great.. and I'm so glad I won't have to negotiate with a 3 year old...

Now bring on the potty training ;)  (I've already said, it will probably be impossible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment