Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekend Events


We're still here :)  Doing great!  The pool is finally closed and things are looking up!  I have thoroughly enjoyed more free time to hang out with Brian and Burke!  This past weekend was a little busy for us and next weekend will definitely be busier (Ash and Chad are getting married!!)! 

This past weekend I had to travel to Charlottesville for a VDA board meeting.  I somehow volunteered myself to be President-Elect of the Southwest VA Dietetic Association (yes that means next year its all me!), so that also means, I was in C'ville to serve on the state board.  Anyway, it was a long day.  I had to be there by 9am, so I had to get up and be out of the house by 6:15 to get there on time and figure out where I was going!  I got home around 5pm on Saturday.  It was a pretty uneventful trip.  The only parts that stunk about it were: 1) the meeting was during the VT football game, so Ash was sending text updates, but just not the same AND the reception on the way home was horrible so I only got bits and pieces on the radio and 2) I had to drive 4.5 hours by myself!  But the Hokies did win on Saturday so that was AWESOME!  Saturday morning Burke went to hang with Ashley and her mom (Lori aka Larry) and did some wedding stuff, so Brian had the morning off.  Brian was super excited when Ashley brought Burke home at 12ish already fed AND ready for a nap.  Thanks Ashley!!  When I got back on Saturday, we went shopping for some last minute wedding clothes for Brian and then enjoyed dinner out.  I ended the day with some wedding crafts with Ash and her mom, while Brian and Burke had bath and bedtime.

Sunday, Burke was a sick little man.  I'm not 100% sure what was wrong, other than the fact that he had a fever and threw up twice.  He would go from happy to miserable very quickly.  We spent most of the day at home relaxing.  I was worried about how Sunday night would go, but he woke up after a 12 hour sleep, like a whole new kid!

This is Burke on Monday morning.  He was feeling much better and these days, love climbing into his old baby seat?  It's quite funny to watch him climb in a play with the toys...

Yesterday was a true test of parenting for Brian and I (i know it won't be the last time!).  I'm not sure if it was a hangover from Sunday, teething or just Burke, but he was definitely a pain! :)  He threw more temper tantrums yesterday than I thought any child could possibly throw!  I guess he is spoiled? But it is slightly frustrating!  I thought it was supposed to be the terrible twos? Instead we get the horrible 15months? :)  Today has been much better, but he's definitely spoiled rotten.  I love my baby though!

No comments:

Post a Comment