Monday, January 31, 2011

Disney World Day 3!


Day 3 started out with our first character meal and greeting of the trip!  We went to O'hanas for breakfast.  This is a family favorite at the Polynesian for dinner, so we decided to try it out for breakfast.  The food was pretty yummy, but if we are being honest, most all breakfast food tastes the same!  I'm not an egg or meat person, so I always eat pancakes or waffles and that's it.. The first character to make it to the table was Pluto.  Burke loved him from a distance, but don't get too close! He was OK with touching his nose, but quickly got scared. I can't say I'm surprised, but by the end of the trip he did MUCH BETTER!!




After breakfast, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom.  This is by far my "happiest place on earth."  I know its corny, but when I walk in, I feel like a little kid all over again and am just so happy.  I know there are plenty of anti-Disney people out there who says its too commercial, etc, but I'll just leave it with.. YOU DON'T GET IT!!  Disney lovers understand me :)  Anyway,  I want my baby to enjoy the excitement too. I want him to walk in and feel live's worries, stresses, etc just go away while he's there.. And that is why he has already been twice in his 18 months! Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.. When we got there they still had Christmas decorations up.  It was actually kind of cool to see them (it's been years)!


Since Burke has become such a fan of Buzz, I definitely wanted to make sure he road it.  Also, Toontown is closing in mid-February, so we had to make it out there!  It's the area of Magic Kingdom with a playground, Mickey and Minnie's house and other "kiddie" stuff.  I hate to see it go, but I know they are building new stuff!

After a ride on Buzz, space mountain and some play time, we headed over to America for lunch.. We couldn't resist taking a pic.. And by the way Liberty Tree Tavern was our favorite lunch all week!

After lunch, we headed back to the room for nap time for the baby and much needed rest for the adults!  After resting, we went over to the Grand Floridian for dinner.  They have a character meal with Cinderella, the step mother, ugly stepsisters and Prince Charming.  The Ugly Stepsisters and Stepmother were AWESOME!  No lie.. They got in a "fight" and were rolling around the floor.. I wish I had the flip at that point! They were really funny and such good actors.  The stepmother even noticed our race shirts and made fun of us for not running fast enough.  She said "I saw you guys yesterday by the castle.. I told you to hurry it up.. You were way too slow.. I mean you didn't win did you?"  We died laughing... Prince Charming was my LEAST favorite character all week...  I made Brian take a pic with Cinderella :)



Burke loved the mac and cheese.. not the characters so much :)

After dinner, we headed to Magic Kingdom for fireworks and extra magic hours.  They were open til midnight, so after the fireworks we rode Dumbo, Pirates and some other  things.  After, Burke was getting tired and so Mom and Dad took him back to the room and we met up with Ashley and Chad and enjoyed some adult rides!  

It was a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment