Thursday, January 20, 2011

18 months old!






I know I'm 2 weeks late, but I think it's safe to say we have been a little busy!! So  he's really 18.5 months old now :)

Burke is 18 months old now!!  It's crazy to think he's so big.. Someone was asking me today if it's felt that long.. She said she felt like he was just born.  I agree!  Although, Brad said he feels like Burke has been around forever (not sure if that's a compliment or not?!).. My response:  "you're right in the sense, I can't remember life before Burke..."  And that is DEFINITELY a compliment!!  I LOVE my baby!!!!


At 18 months old:

- Burke is 21 lbs 7 oz (5th %...  FINALLY on the charts!!!) and 30.25 inches (5th%) and head is 19in (65% - he's got a big head! :) ) and wearing 12-18 months clothes and a size 3 diaper
- He does NOT like to be contained.. He wants to run around and be free.. Don't try carrying  him around anymore!
- His favorite foods are bread, cheese, ANY fruits (esp bananas and grapes), mashed potatoes and juice (when we let him have it!)- Loves using utensils to eat.. Especially a fork!
- He's added doggie, ball, book, Buzz (lightyear) and Ashley to his vocabulary from last month.. Ball, book and Buzz all sound very similar!  He's stopped calling me mama and calls me dada now... not sure why?  I've even heard him say Danielle...
- He LOVES his Thomas Train set... he always wants to play with them and likes his grille/kitchen too!
- He's not in daycare anymore.. I have mixed emotions about this.. Mostly because him and I miss our friends (teachers and little buddies).. But the new center just wasn't going to work for us :(  I am DEFINITELY excited to have him home with me all the time now!!
- Sleeps about 11-12 hours at night and takes a good 2-3 hour nap...

We love him more everyday!  He knows how to get what he wants (yes, he's spoiled rotten)!  He has us wrapped around his little finger, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment