Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 3 - Sea World Surprise!! Family Vacation Disney Edition



On our 3rd day at the Happiest Place on Earth, we headed to Sea World for a family first!! Each trip I try to find something new for us to do and with Burke loving the ocean I thought it would be perfect! I've never taken it on before because we don't rent a car and I don't want to deal with carseats, but with my sister living here, it was a no brainer!! We also found tickets for $50 (almost half off!) so I jumped at it. I actually bought brand new carseats from Walmart and has them shipped. Cost me $40 total, much cheaper than a rental car or taxi! 

Anyway, we headed out to be there at opening and boy were we excited!! 


Our first stop was to see the penguins! I'm glad we did, because when we exited it was already a 40 minute wait! It was a great first stop and the boys really liked it. 



We then made our way to the dolphin slow. Brian and I were very impressed! The boys really enjoyed it too, but not the wait.  They did a good job of mixing acrobats and a story with the dolphin jumping. 


We then stopped by to see the turtle show and manatee. The manatee were awesome but the turtle show scared the boys so we left a bit early. 

Campbell could have watched for hours.

We slowly made our way through the shark exhibit, which scared my kids to death. Not the actual sharks but the fake ones.  It was kinda funny and sad at the same time. Then we were off to see Shamu! A huge must do at Sea World. I loved it!! I was surprised they had so many whales. This was by far Burke's favorite!



By the end of Shamu, we were getting tired and hungry. We are NOT 12 hour park goers. Many people are, but we do mornings then rest then a few more hours. We can not handle all day! we decided we definitely wanted to see the polar bears and stingray before we left. 

We went to the kids play area to ride the train and playground. After a while we headed towards the polar bears. I'm sad to say we were there the last day he was alive :( we found out Friday morning the Bear died in his sleep. I'm glad the boys got to see one though! 

After the polar bears, we stopped by the sting rays. Burke was pretty scared to touch them!!

We had to have a picture with the shark teeth ;)

We absolutely loved Sea World! Burke asks to go back everyday. I hope we can take them again next time! 

After Sea World, we stopped by the outlets for lunch and a lil shopping. We actually bought NOTHING. We met up with Kaitlin and Reid after and she took me behind the scenes to some special cast member stores. It was pretty cool.

After a little rest, we headed to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. Fun day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment