Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another week older!

Burke is another week older and wiser!  This week he started waving some.. At first I wasn't sure if he knew what he was doing.. Now I think he does!  Although he just sticks his arm out (no actual wave), he definitely is saying.. "see ya" :)  He also said "mama" last night.. I don't think he actually knew what he was saying.. but it's getting closer!

My parents and sister came last weekend!  It was so great to see them!  I love spending time with them.  They got here on Friday night and we hung out for a few before I had to head in to work.

Burke with his 3rd Easter Basket!  Man.. people sure do love him :)

Kaitlin is headed to RU next year! She'll be 20 minutes away!!!

Burke and Kaitlin playing...

Saturday we got up bright and early to head to Radford to tour.  Burke and I decided to go (daddy stayed home) so we could spend LOTS of time with the family!  I had never really been to RU before.  I use to coach at Dedmon and been once for a conference.  But thats about it... It is such a beautiful campus!  I loved it!  Kaitlin is heading to college next year (where did the years go?!?) and going to RU!  I'm so excited to have her close :) We did some guided tours at Radford, saw a dorm room, bought some RU clothes, and ate lunch on campus.  It was a nice morning.  After we finished up at Radford, we spent the afternoon out shopping, etc to enjoy the time and nice weather.  We headed to Olive Garden for dinner (HORRIBLE experience) then home.. It was quite a long day, but great to spend time with the family!!  My parents headed out early Sunday morning.  We were sad to see them go, but we'll be headed to Disney in a month!!

Other than this past weekend, this week was pretty uneventful.  We worked and babysat... Played and worked some more... Tomorrow is April 16th a hard day in the VT community, so that will be a little hard.  We are planning on doing the 3.2 for 32 walk/run in the morning.  They have over 6000 people registered for the event!  We went last year for the first one when I was pregnant and I vowed to participate every year... We even signed up Burke so he could get a shirt :)  It's a great way to start out the day and be with the community and Hokie family!

My mom made this shirt for Burke and I LOVE it.. My two favorite things.. Hokies and Disney! :)


I think I have a junk food junkie on my hands... enjoying some cheese puffs :)

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment