Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ashley and Chad's Engagement Party, Brian's sick, Burke eats mexican!

This is quite the mix of posts... I'll start by saying Brian has been sick all week.. I am SO ready for him to be better!! After being wrongly diagnosed with strep, he went back to the doctor to find out he had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease... How does a 29 year old, get hand, foot and mouth?!? That's a daycare disease AND Burke doesn't go to daycare or have it!!  WHAT IN THE WORLD! but needless to say, I've tried my hardest to keep him away from Burke this week, which has been very hard, b/c we had A LOT of things to do to get ready for Ashley and Chad's party!

Next comes Burke's first taste of Mexican food.. and he LOVED it.. he ate a cheese quesadilla, chicken (from my fajitas), tomatoes, shredded cheese, beans and rice...  As most of you know.. we LOVE El Rods.. We used to go ALL the time.. since Saul left, we don't go very often.. I mean.. they used to know what we wanted to eat and drink without us ordering! I couldn't resist taking a picture!


I don't think he ate ANY baby food yesterday! He's a table food kid now!!

Saturday was the big Engagement Party.. Hutch, Lucia and I have been planning it for months.. Since everyone loves VT football (and Chad played!) we decided to go with a tailgate themed party after the Spring Game.. Stinks Brian was sick b/c he couldn't help me or go :(  I wish I could take credit for the party.. but really Hutch did most of it.. The food was great!  He has an AMAZING tailgate set up.. including a trailer with TVs, music, PA system, games, etc... and he makes GREAT food.. He should definitely own a catering business! It was great to work with Lucia and Hutch to get it all together.. I definitely couldn't have pulled it off alone.. Hutch was in charge of food (i did make rice crispie treats :) )and Lucia and I did drinks, decorations, invitations, etc.. We had a great number of people come, cute decorations :), great food, and lots of alcohol!  I think everyone had a great time!  and it was great to meet some of Ashley and Chad's family and friends!  We can't wait for the wedding :)


the food....

i LOVE the shrimp in martini glasses..
don't worry.. there was a whole other table I didn't think to take a picture of.. ribs, chicken wings, chicken skewers, snow crabs, and MANGO salsa (yummy!!)


Burke couldn't resist getting Ashley and Chad a gift too.. it was a "stock the bar" party.. so he got "baby" sized bottles and shot glasses for them :)


The ultimate tailgate basket Lucia and I put together... The tervis tumblers are personalized with their initials.. I totally need some :)


Burke loves Ash more than anybody (maybe even me :) )


Burke and Ash dancing...

We had a GREAT saturday.. let's hope for a relaxing Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment