Sunday, June 6, 2010

Disney World Day 4





Day 4 we got up early and headed to Boma's at Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast.  I was excited to go there, since we had never been AND I was dying to see what the Hotel was like (we'll get a closer look when we go back in the fall and stay there!).. Breakfast was soooooo good!  It was by far the best breakfast we had while we were there (although Brian liked Whispering Canyon the best).  Burke discovered a new breakfast food on the trip he loves.. sausage.. poor thing will never get it at home :) I didn't get any good pictures of breakfast, but I did take some of the resort :)  Animal Kingdom is pretty cool, b/c you can walk outside and see Animals!!


Mom and Dad at breakfast

The glass windows leading outside to see the animals..


Kaitlin waiting for the bus..

After we enjoyed a yummy breakfast and explored the resort.  We headed over to Animal Kingdom.  When we got there, we rushed to the back of the park to ride Expedition Everest.  It's a pretty neat roller coaster.  My parents played with Burke while we rode (Michelle, Kaitlin, Brian and I) then we swapped, Brian and I hung with Burke while they rode (baby swap is AWESOME!)... After we rode Expedition Everest, we ran to the safari ride.  We grabbed fast passes and then walked around, shopped and enjoyed taking pictures, while we waited for our turn.  I was a little worried b/c one cast member was telling people they closed the ride but he couldn't say why?  But they opened it shortly after.  I took advantage of the baby care center.  I HIGHLY recommend these if you have a baby.. I read about them before, but I decided since I was dying of a heat stroke, to run in and see what it's all about... GREAT air conditioned room, with baby changing stations, tvs, couches, high chairs, rocking chairs, pumping/nursing rooms.. SO GREAT!  While we shopped, I cam across the new Alice in Wonderland on DVD (2 weeks before the release date!) my sisters were so excited they bought them.  The cast member checking them out said it was a mistake, but they got them anyway.. Kind of cool to get one of the first copies!!

Burke did NOT like the safari!  He was extremely unhappy/scared and I was not in a good mood, since my camera was in the stroller (alone) and not with me. So no safari pictures. 

Picture in front of the Tree of Life.. a must!

After the safari, we headed over to lunch.  We ate at Tusker House.  I chose it, b/c it gave us priority seating for the Finding Nemo show.  NO ONE liked the food.  The staff was nice, but the food was not good.  It was a buffet and mediocre.  We will likely not go back.. But we did enjoy the Finding Nemo show.  It was a broadway like show.  Burke did great, he liked the lights and music, then fell asleep :)



After the show, we went ahead and caught the bus to head back to the hotel.  We relaxed and just hung out at the hotel.  Later that evening, Brian and Burke stayed in the room, while the girls went shopping at DTD.  It was nice to spend time with my mom and sisters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment