Saturday, June 26, 2010

a year ago....

Do you remember where you were a year ago?!?  For us it is a day we will NEVER forget...

I made my way to the doctor's office after calling him at home (thank god he is a friend of ours!) just to double check I was okay.. No one thought anything was wrong but me.. It felt like my water broke two nights before, but of course I had just peed a little, right?! I had gone all day friday like nothing happened, but by Saturday I still felt like I needed to go in.. so I called.. even George said it was likely nothing but to go ahead and stop by.. I am SOOOO glad we did.. We found out my sac had ruptured and we were sent straight to the hospital.. I was scared, hysterical... We were NOT ready... the bassinet wasn't here yet, the car seat wasn't in the car, I had NO overnight bag packed.. I was only 33 weeks along.. George assured us it would be okay.. We were allowed to stay at MRH eventhough they don't deliver before 35 weeks.. THANK YOU GEORGE!  (Sometimes it pays to know people!)..

the first day is still a blur.. I know I called my mom on the way to the hospital and had to call my boss to tell him I wouldn't be in (and didn't know when I would be?).... I called friends next.. Brian was sent to the house to bring back my computer, clothes, etc.. We had no idea how long I would be there and if I did go into labor soon, we would be shipped to Roanoke, so we needed to be ready!  I was hooked up to so many machines and wasn't allowed out of bed for any reason (excpet to pee)... Don't ever wish for bed rest!!

it was quite a day.. but we did end up with Burke, so what more could we ask for?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment