Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I MADE MONEY at Target!

So.. As many of you know I am a HUGE Target lover and couponer! Well, today was another GREAT Target shopping day.. I love couponing! Yes, it takes time and can be tedious, but there is some sort of joy I find in getting a good deal?!? I've always been this way, not sure why? I think you are just born with it..

ANYWAY, whenever I shop at Target these days I always call Brian when I leave and say guess how much I saved today!?!? Well, it's not as fun anymore, b/c my savings although good are getting old (yes I can easily save $20-40 per trip and have even been known to save $60+) but today was a NEW DAY! I called Brian and informed him I actually MADE money at Target today!! That's right!! Upon check out the guy says, "I owe you $7.04".. I was dumbfounded!! He owed me money and I gave him NOTHING!!

So here's how it happened:
Target takes 2 types of coupons per item. You can use a manufacture coupon AND a target coupon on any item. This means many times I get items for free (for example.. I hardly ever pay for diaper wipes anymore!) so I always do this if possible..

Well today Megan, Ashley and I were on a mission to get Up and Monsters Inc on blu-ray for a good deal! Target now price matches and Megan brought along the Best Buy ad, which with coupons and price matching we would end up with both movies on blu-ray for under $15! We were super excited! Well, we got to Target and of course they only had one Monsters Inc! So that was a huge bust! But not for me.. I went equipped with my list of things and stack of coupons in hand.. I stocked up on some more wipes (our stockpile was getting low) and while I waited around for my perscription (yes I had a free $10 gift card coupon if I transfered it to Target!) Ashley and I walked around.. I decided to go ahead and pick-up some baby formula b/c I had coupons and could get them for free. Nestle sends me $11 "checks" all the time, but we don't use formula, so have no real use for them. Well with the holidays coming, I decided I could get a bunch of stuff and donate it to the christmas store and women's shelter, so off we went.. The formula wasn't $11 each, but I just figured they would adjust the coupons to make the items free. Well a few items later, and we went to check out..

I didn't know but when you price match at Target, you go through the check out lanes, they suspend it, then you go over to customer service to finish.. Kind of annoying, but this is their control method..

SO, I took all my stuff and coupons over to the customer service, he rings in all my coupons, price matches UP and enters the "checks".. I was only half paying attention as I chatted with Megan and Ashley, and the nice manager says "and I owe you $7.04".. I said huh.. okay? he hands me the money and I'm dumbfounded.. Well, I have NEVER felt better for shopping in my LIFE!! Evidently the formula "coupons" are actually checks and they don't adjust them down b/c they get the full money from the manufacturer?!? WHO KNEW?!?

So that was our exciting trip for today! So what did I buy? I ended up with 4 packages of wipes, 5 containers of formula, UP blu-ray combo pack, 2 santa potato heads and my medicine for -$2.04 (price adjusted for the seperate medicine purchase)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment