Saturday, December 5, 2009

BIG NEWS!

We met some major milestones today in our home! 

First we woke up to our first snowfall of the season!  Now if you know me, you know I hate snow, but regardless it was a first..

Burke rolled over for the first time today!  Stomach to back!  We've known it was coming for awhile, but today was the day.  I was cooking dinner and put Burke on his belly on his mat for some tummy time.. next thing I know Brian yells, he just rolled over! I was slightly sad to miss it, but he did it!

Next milestone is cereal!! I finally decided since Burke is five months old (can you believe it?!?) that we should probably start feeding him real food... And to be honest I was going to wait even longer because I am lazy and my nutrition background tells me he doesn't have to have it yet (and he was 5.5 weeks early), but since we are going to Disney in mid-May and I want to take as little baby stuff with us as possible, I decided we needed to get going, so he would have some table foods under his belt by May!! SO.. Today was the day... Burke will be 5 months tomorrow, but we both have to work, so we decided to go with it a day early (so we could both watch!).  Brian put together his highchair this afternoon, which was an early christmas present from Santa!  We fed him rice cereal this evening after his evening nap and it seemed to go great!  The first few bites he wasn't too sure about the flavor and what was going on.. but then he was definitely going back for more.. When he started to get fussy we called it quits and we'll try more tomorrow.  Much better first attempt than we were expecting!

Burke also actually reached for and was playing with toys today!

Exciting day!  I'll try and add photos later of all  the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment