Thursday, February 3, 2011

Disney World Day 6..


We visited Animal Kingdom on Day 6!  As you can tell by the pictures, it was a little chilly on Wednesday while we were there.. Luckily I packed Burke's jacket.. unfortunately, B and I didn't pack anything more than sweatshirts, so we had to layer... Anyway, can't complain.. We were in Disney World!!

We started off the day with a character breakfast at Tusker House.  Our breakfast was at 9:15, but the park opened at 9.. we could have gotten in early, but they have a "rope drop" every morning and the cast member suggested we watch.. I'm glad we did.  We were front row and it was definitely a fun little show. They had the characters and some singing :) My new goal is to make it for rope drop at every park at least once :)


We had a really good breakfast. I had heard great things about Tusker House before, but we went there for lunch in May and NO ONE liked it! Needless to say I was a little worried, but we did eat at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) for breakfast during the previous trip and everyone loved it, so I had high hopes! It was pretty yummy.  Everyone really likes the juice they have (African juice?), so how can you go wrong?  We also got to see characters again and Burke is a pro now!





After breakfast we headed over for the Safari ride.. The storyline is kind of silly, but I love seeing the animals!  The ride was a bit cold, but worth it to see the baby giraffes and elephants!


After the safari, we did the mandatory Mt Everest ride (LOVE LOVE it!).  I actually rode twice, once with Brian and Kaitlin and then again with mom :)  We did take Burke on the Dinosaur ride also.  It's basically the same as Dumbo, but you ride in Dinosaurs.  Can't see me or Burke, but Mom is waving!


We stayed at AK for a bit longer, before heading back to the room for a little bit.  We had to do some packing/laundry before going to dinner at EPCOT.  Depressing (not the EPCOT part.. the packing part!)!

Kaitlin, Burke, Brian and I ended up heading to EPCOT early.  As the trip goes on and we get closer to the end, I feel a real urgency to spend every minute doing something. I wanted to ride a few more things and walk through the world again, so we did just that!  Natalie had told us about a black cider drink in England and I was DYING to try it.. Unfortunately, we never did find it?  Next time!  But we did get the chance to see Pooh!  We happened to come across him and no one was around, which makes for a much better experience.  We made our way around the countries, going through stores and art museums.  We even made jokes about what they sell in America.  We were taking bets, so we HAD to stop in.  For the record, Brian won.  They sell colonial hats and guns and "Williamsburg" stuff as well as some random red, white and blue stuff.  Anyway, we made our way to Mexico for dinner and met up with Mom and Dad.



For dinner we went to the NEW Mexican Restaurant.  There was some big debates on whether we should go there or to the NEW Italian Restaurant.  I was kind of sad because I heard Italy was so yummy, but MEXICO WAS AMAZING!! I highly recommend everyone go!  But skip the maragritas.. definitely not worth the money!  After a very good dinner, we went out for fireworks, "illuminations." I usually love it. But not so much this time?  Not sure if it was because I was freezing to death, the view, or what?  But I think I like Wishes better.. Anyway, it was a GREAT way to end our trip and last night there....

No comments:

Post a Comment