Monday, March 1, 2010

DISNEY LIVE! CHUCKIE CHEESE! Any kids dream!

The title says it all!  Burke and I made our way to Roanoke this weekend with Megan, Wyatt and Ethan for some good fun!  Megan had gotten tickets for Disney Live and had an extra so invited us along (Brian was not very interested :) )!  Since we both have a love for Disney, it was a great time!  THANKS MEGAN! 

We started out the day looking for furniture at Grands Big Sale.. Unfortunately, we found lots of people, but not lots of good furniture! Megan's boys had no idea what was planned for the day and that was half the fun!  We made our way to Chuckie Cheese (where a kid can be a kid!).  Burke and I enjoyed watching the boys run around playing games with about 200 of their closest friends :)  It was a VERY busy morning!  But we all had a good time and all three boys seemed to enjoy themselves!

As you can see, Burke has already learned the importance of the tickets!

We then made our way to Roanoke Performing Arts Building for Disney Live!  I was so pathetically excited.  This was my first Disney show away from Disney World and I am so sold!  From the time we walked through the door and saw all the overpriced Disney merchandise, I wanted to be on Main Street USA.  I secretly wanted to buy Burke lots of toys, but didn't even look :)  I just sat there so excited for Burke to get older and be able to jump around and dance with the other kids.  It's so magical!  Disney definitely knows what they are doing! It helped that Burke was sooooo good!  They had a preshow party which got everyone excited, including my almost 8 month old!  He was smiling and throwing his arms around!  The show was fun with lots of lights and music.. About half way through the first act, he snuggled up and fell asleep.. No fussing, nothing!

At the intermission he woke up and enjoyed the show with the rest of us.  I can say I am now VERY excited to take him to Disney World in May.  I was feeling a little worried the past couple weeks, with the thought of the plane ride, packing, etc. but now I am so excited!  It was a great DAY!


Such a good boy!


The grand finale!

After the show, we headed back to Blacksburg for the Hokie Men's Basketball Game.  Brian and I kept Wyatt and Ethan, so Megan could surprise Travis for his bday.  We took them to a "carnival" on campus.  We all had a blast!  They had tons of moonbounces and activities for kids.  It was a great event!  AND it was free!  The only thing that would have made it better is if we had more time there!  We got there with only 20 minutes to play before it ended, but Brian and I both agreed next year we will be back with Burke and he'll be old enough to enjoy it!  We then took everyone to Red Robin for dinner.  The game ended up being delayed due to a water main break on campus, so I sent Brian home with Burke for bed and hung with Wyatt and Ethan til the game was over (the Hokies lost in double overtime :( ).

Sunday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Cracker Barrel to meet up with Susan, Matt, Abbey and Natalie.  We had a great breakfast, then made our way back home to hang out.  We enjoyed lots of movies and good company with the Olmsteads! 

Breakfast with the Olmsteads...

Unfortunately Burke woke up this morning with a cold... I had to teach a CPR class at work today, so Brian stayed home with him.  I'm hoping he's teething and not getting sick!  Hope you guys have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment