Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SLACKER!

I'm such a slacker!  Well we've had quite a busy week and I've been lazy and going to bed early every night!  Last week went fine.. just work, play, etc.. But Friday we headed to Richmond for a quick trip.  There was a surprise going away party for my cousin who's going into the Army and a retirement party for my Uncle.. We left Blacksburg late afternoon on Friday... made it to Richmond in time to run to Target for a highchair (Burke's the first grandbaby, so my parents needed one!) and a quick dinner, before it was time for Burke to get some sleep.  My mom and I spent the evening doing some arts and crafts for the big Disney trip.. I so desperately want some cool shirts for Burke to wear and I think mom accomplished it!  I'll show pics of them when we get some (maybe on the trip)!  We woke up early Saturday morning to run some errands, go out to lunch then head to the party!   We went to babiesrus where we scored some great deals on baby food and bibs!  We then headed to O'Charleys, were we had a great lunch with mom, dad and my sis Kaitlin.

Our lunch at O'Charleys - Burke trying to share :)

We then made our way to Midlothian for the big surprise party!  We got there late, but since both party men knew the party was a surprise (way to blow it Patty!), we didn't miss much!  My cousin Chris is heading to basic training in a week and my Uncle just retired from 35 years at Philip Morris.  It was great to see them!

Burke and My Cousin Chris - Army Man! Good Luck!

I will say the best part of the night was probably when Katie (my other cousin) got engaged.  Her boyfriend proposed in front of EVERYONE!  I've never seen anything like it, so it was great!  Needless to say, there was lots to celebrate and I am so glad we made it!

Katie and Simon the happy couple!

We got home kind of late and put Burke to bed so my mom and I did some more crafting!!  It was so fun!

Daylight savings killed me since we had to get up super early for our trip back.  I had to work on Sunday so we had to get back early.  We were out the door and on the road at 7:30am (6:30 old time).. WOW what a trip!  It was good to see everyone, but 36 hours is NOT enough time! :)

Monday night we went out to dinner where Burke showed us he has finally mastered the art of the sippy cup!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment