Monday, November 29, 2010

Our First Family Thanksgiving..

This year for Thanksgiving Brian, Burke and I stayed in town very unexpectedly.  We were planning on heading to Lynchburg to see all of his family, but I was feeling pretty bad on Thursday morning so we decided it would be best to stay here.  We had a great little family thanksgiving and our first.  I would venture to say it will definitely NOT be our last :)  We enjoyed the quiet and the peaceful sounds of nothing :) We definitely missed our families, but it was sort of nice to just be us.

Since I wasn't feeling well, Brian (and Burke) made Thanksgiving lunch for us.  Since we both don't like turkey, he made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls.  It was pretty yummy.. We napped in the afternoon (a Thanksgiving Day MUST!) then went for a walk and enjoyed the park in the afternoon. It was a little chilly, but I think we all enjoyed getting out for a bit.

Friday, we only made it to three stores for shopping.  Spent very little money (that's a good thing, right?), then headed home.  We didn't leave the house again until Sunday for breakfast!  I don't think that EVER happens!  We watched VT kill UVA on Saturday, which was so nice!  I was a little sad, we skipped the game, but sick, cold and toddler don't really go well together!  Sunday, we went out for some breakfast, Target and then hung around the house with some football.  Overall a VERY quiet weekend for us :)

I haven't taken a ton of pictures lately, but I'll give you this one :)


Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment