Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend!

So we had a FABULOUS weekend!  After the previous one, we deserved it!!!

We had our first snow of the season.  As most of you know, I don't really enjoy snow.  I pretty much don't like cold and find snow to just be an annoyance.  I did like missing school as a kid, but Mom and Dad always said if  it was too bad for school it was too bad to go anywhere, which I didn't like... :) But even with snow I think we got tons done!!!

Saturday, we got up and headed out to do some things.  I wanted to get most of the Christmas shopping done and I think we did pretty good!  We made it to the mall, Old Navy, dollar tree, and walmart AND had lunch all before nap time.  While Burke took a nap, I went to Target and Brian got the decorations down.  Then we were able to get most of the tree up before Burke woke up (3 hour naps are AWESOME!).  We got the tree up and Burke loves it.  He keeps looking at in awww and then says "hot"  Basically, anything bright, steaming (even from cold) or something you shouldn't touch is "hot."  It's super cute.  I bought some shatterproof balls so Burke wouldn't break all of my decorations, but it seems after day one, he's not too interested in pulling everything off.

Last night we put Burke down and then watched the Hokies win the ACC Championship!!!!  It was a great game and nice to enjoy it from the comfort of our home.  I even got a lot of Christmas presents wrapped and under the tree.  It was a super productive day!

We headed to Red Robin for lunch and Burke had his first taste of ketchup.  He pretty much loves it! He basically ate ketchup for lunch, with a few bites of french fry.

 

Today I had to work all day, but we went out for breakfast first.  We love Cracker Barrell, so that's where we usually spend Sunday mornings :)  Then I had to go into work.  Since it snowed yesterday (and today) the roads weren't great, but I made it in and enjoyed an afternoon of making gingerbread houses with the kiddos.  After work, Burke and I headed out for more errands and really so Daddy could do some school work in a quiet house :)

We had a great weekend!  Hope you did too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment