Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our First Valentine's Day!

Another busy weekend for us... since it was Valentine's weekend I had to work each day/night at the club.  Burke and Daddy got to spend lots of time together this weekend! 

Saturday we went over to Chad's (and Ashley's) for a chicken roast.. It was a great time!  They had quite a set-up!  I wish I had taken my camera to the pit to show you how it was all done.. but imagine a pig roast, but with 20 chickens instead!  It was probably the BEST chicken I have EVER had!  It was also great to meet new people.  Burke was the hit of the party.. He's just too cute.. We had a great time and so glad we went.. That night I headed in to work and Brian and Burke hung out..

Sunday (Valentine's Day), I headed into work for the Valentine's Day Brunch.  It was a great success and lots of fun.  Our first one ever and it was sold out!  When I got back, Brian showered me with lots of junk food and a couple of gift cards.  And the best part was he took Burke with him shopping!  Burke got lots of goodies for V. Day!


Yes - those are halloween PJs.. is it my fault he was a half pint and I bought them before he was born ? :)

Burke got his first V. Day gift from us last week, but enjoyed a new car and some gifts from the Vaughts! They are too good to us! 

That night we met up with Brian's brother and SIL for dinner at Cracker Barrell on their way through town.  It was great to catch up and spend some time together.  Burke had his first experience in a highchair out.. He loved it!  I just recommend Cracker barrell get better seats, so babies don't slide out :)  Burke also had his first biting biscuit.. but that got cut short when he bit off more than he could chew (literally!). It was a great night and great to catch up!

Aunt Kelly and Burke

Uncle Dave and Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment