Thursday, February 4, 2010

REALLY?!? MORE snow??

So I read today that Blacksburg has gotten more snow than Vancouver (yes - the WINTER Olympics is there in a week!), Denver Colorado, and Anchorage Alaska.. SERIOUSLY!! They are calling for more this weekend.  I have heard anything from 6-24 inches and 1/2 in of ice.  Brian is hoping it happens tonight, so he can have a snow day tomorrow.  Since all of the schools are already closed, it looks like we are going to get something! Years ago a great friend and professor of mine, asked us to move to Penn State with her, we said NO WAY! it's too cold and way too much snow (and no Hokie football)! But I think we may have been better off (and we do miss the Richardson's very much!)!  I have said many times, I despise snow.. and I will say it again.. I HATE SNOW!  I use to love missing school, but that's about it.. And now that I'm an adult, it just causes me problems! As someone said yesterday "I thought Virginia was in the South?!" .. So we have a new plan.. Win the lottery and move to Southern Florida for the winter :)

On another note, we are doing great.  Brian and I are staying busy and Burke is feeling much better!  I've been housesitting this week, so have been without the camera, but will get you the snow pictures from last weekend this weekend!  I'm sorry! I hate reading blogs without pictures :) Plus I know all of you just want to see Burke anyway :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment