Saturday, February 6, 2010

We love Snow! and Burke is 7 months old!!

Ok not really loving snow.. But since we live in Blacksburg and have gotten about 40+ inches so far this year, we are somewhat getting used to it.. Friday morning snow started early and everything was closed by 5AM, even VT (which is saying a lot!).  We spent the day inside and got lots done.. Okay, well some stuff done.. I finally took the time to organize the office and clean out the filing cabinet and got all of our tax stuff together!  Laundry, cooking, cleaning, I would say a pretty successful day.  But that being said, we were definitely itching to get out today!
Burke loves computers as much as his daddy.. and is obsessed with the keyboard, luckily we have an extra!


Burke was working hard, while mommy and daddy were cleaning the office :)

We were so itching to get out today, I made Brian get up (at 10am) and start digging us out.. It took a long while since we were pretty deep in!  But after all the hard work, Brian had worked up on appetite, so we headed out for lunch.  We enjoyed a quiet lunch at BW3s (since no one else was there!).  And then headed to Kroger to get groceries, since we hadn't been in weeks and I was going through diet coke withdrawl.  I do have to brag.. I saved $100 at Kroger today with coupons and my plus card.  The guy behind us, even looked at us and said, "wow, i like that.. i really like that!"  I love hearing people recognize my hard work ;)  and not being annoyed at all my coupons!  We then headed home and unloaded.. I decided to spend the afternoon alone out shopping and left the boys to bond over video games. Dave came over and evidently allowed Burke to skip his nap (Brian laid him down and Dave went and picked him back up!).  I went to Target and stocked up on some good deals.. where I saved $108 with coupons!!!  What a GREAT shopping day!  Although, I do save more when I don't go out at all :)  now we are hanging out doing nothing again :)  All and all a good day! 

Burke is 7 months old today!  I can't believe it.. I'll post his milestone post once we take pictures tonight! Happy Birthday little man!                




I'm not too sure he likes it :)


Brian digging us out! Yes, that's our car behind him (the one you can't see!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment