Friday, January 1, 2010

WOW! What a year!

So I will get around to talking about Christmas one of these days, and hopefully post some pics, but I thought I would welcome in the New Year with a little look back over the last year and last decade!

June 2000 - I graduated from HIgh School! 2010 sounded soooo very far away.  Kaitlin (my little sister) will graduate this June and I remember thinking that would be forever! 
August 2000 - I entered Virginia Tech!!
September 2001 - Brian and I met and never looked back!
May 2002 - I started working at Blacksburg Country Club
 - I'm sure some random things happened in there :)
May 2004 - I graduated from VT
May 2005 - Brian graduated from VT and we took our first vacation together - DISNEY WORLD!
Spring 2006 - Brian started working full-time at the Smart Road (had been working there part-time for a couple years)
May 2006 - I graduated AGAIN (Masters Degree)
December 2006 - We got ENGAGED!!
May 2007 - I graduated AGAIN this time from my Internship!
September 2007 - We got married!
March 2008 - Bought our first house
December 6, 2008 - Found out we were expecting! (and the Hokies won the ACC Championship - GREAT DAY!)
January 2009 - Went on our first Cruise! (Disney of course) and ran a 5k through Animal Kingdom
July 6, 2009 - Burke very unexpectedly came 5.5 weeks early!!

What a year it has been!  We started out the year with a cruise and trip to Disney.  This was a trip we had planned back in August and were very excited about!  We decided to train (which we didn't do) for a 5k (which we did do) happening in Disney World while we were there.  We found out about a month before leaving that Burke would be joining us in August!  A few changes to the itenerary and we were off on a great vacation!  We spent the Spring getting ready for the arrival of the little man, which as many of you know, we had no idea if it was a boy or girl?!  Luckily we were basically ready when he arrived 5.5 weeks early.  My water broke June 27 and I got to sit in the hospital until Burke made his appearance on July 6!  He has been a great addition to our family.  We have had so much fun getting to know him and learning how to raise a baby!  We had great holidays in Richmond visiting family and ended the year with a Hokie win!  What more could you want!??

Here's to a great 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment